EPIEM Conferences & Meetings
In recent years EPIEM conferences have brought together a group of Professors of Industrial Engineering and Management from across Europe, which have been promoting the sharing, building and debating about IEM education, the profession, research and projects.
- Sharing: Presenting and discussing details about the experience of IEM education at our universities, by means of short presentations and exchange of ideas.
- Building: Advancing in the development of joint tools, projects and knowledge about IEM education and profession (e.g. editorial projects such as the special issue in scientific journals, joint EU project applications)
- Debating: Identifying challenges and opportunities for the advancement of IEM education (e.g. addressing student mobility issues, analysing IEM curricula in order to identify a “common ground in Europe in IEM education”).
Here you can find further information about previous and upcoming EPIEM Conferences, Meetings & Workshops.
EPIEM Research Design Seminars & Workshops
There is a wide range of topics of EPIEM Research Design Seminars – from philosophy of science to manufacturing technology.
- Idea & Topics: The idea to establish Research Design Seminars goes back to a collaborative idea of ESTIEM and EPIEM and aims at the students’ development of a research strategy and a research plan as well as the identification and application of an appropriate research methodology within the IEM field. This includes e.g. the development and improvement of relevant research questions, selecting a rigorous methodology and structuring research projects.
- Target Group: IEM students (on a master or a PhD Level) and academics from social sciences as well as IEM practitioners with a concrete plan to conduct publishable research are very welcome to participate at or to organize a future EPIEM Research Design Seminar.
Below you can find further information about upcoming and previous EPIEM Research Design Seminars and Workshops.
Upcoming Seminars (Register now! Details you may find in the corresponding information flyer below)
- Jan. 2023 – Contemporary Empirical Research Methods: An Overview
- Jan. 2023 – How to write a Conference Paper: A Basic Guide
- Dec. 2022 – Action Research: An Introduction
- Nov. 2022 – Advanced Statistical Modeling
- 2022 – 3rd EurOMA CEE Research Network Workshop
- 2022 – Doc School -Day: PhDs meet Professors
- 2022 – Workshop on Novel Research Methods
- 2021 – Applied Econometrics: Overview and Key Concepts
- 2021 – How to Prepare Posters and Conference Papers
- 2021 – Workshop on Research Methods with Focus on Sustainability
- 2020 – Risiko in Technik und technischem Handeln: Vulnerabilität und Resilienz (in German)
- 2020 – How to perform a Systematic Literature Review
- 2019 – Idee – Entwurf – Gestaltung Der (schwierige) Weg zum (technisch) Neuen (in German)
- 2018 – Method Workshop on Corporate Finance and Governance
- 2018 – Designing and Conceptualizing Experiments in Management Research
- 2018 – Good Quality Research and the Task of Scientific Writing
- 2017 – Designing Empirical Research and Telling its Story
- 2017 – A Seminar on Academic Research Skills for Postgraduates, Researchers and Professors